Hello, my name is Holly and I'm addicted to travel!

I'm not sure how many other people are willing to admit to their addictions, but I will proudly stand and state that I love to travel, road trip, vacation, roam, journey, and everything else in between!  

Despite my constant need to be going somewhere, I haven't always had the travel bug. During my childhood the majority of our family trips included day picnics in the Wasatch Mountains (Utah), hikes to Silver Lake and visiting family in Idaho - Okay and a vacation or two to Disney.  It wasn't until my honeymoon that I discovered how much fun road trips can be. My new husband and I set off for Yellowstone National Park the day after we were married in Salt Lake City.  I was seeing sites that I had only heard about before such as Old Faithful, Paint Pots, and Mammoth Hot Springs. Even though we were only able to stay a short time, that experience created a stirring in me that I haven't been able to shake over the past 13 years.

Yellowstone May 21, 2005 ~ Look how cute we are!

During the first years of our marriage we went everywhere that was close! Goblin Valley, Capitol Reef NP, Bryce Canyon NP, etc. We had few responsibilities and a lot of time to kill during the slow summers at Snow College in Ephraim, Utah. It was fantastic to be a young, adventurous married couple. 

After 3 or so years of "wedded bliss", Ben and I wanted to start a family. However, our family never grew.  We watched our friends and siblings all start having babies and we felt forgotten, alone, and left out in the cold.  So we went through some fertility treatments. They didn't work. I was depressed, cynical and disheartened.  I stopped going places and talking to people, which made me extremely shy and introverted. During this low point in my life I felt as though nothing could make me happy. Then, on our 9th anniversary, Ben looked at me and said "Let's go to Moab!" I replied, "When?" With a crafty smile, he grabbed the computer, started to look up hotel rates and said "right now!" That's when I remembered... travel. Seeing something new, experiencing something exciting and broadening my view of the world. 

Since then we have been to so many amazing cities, national parks, beaches and quaint little towns!  What fun it will be to continue exploring our beautiful world in the future!

I have found my happiness, I have stories to tell and smiles to share. Travel has given us so many wonderful experiences, new hobbies and a joyful outlook of life! 
TRAVEL, SMILE, REPEAT!

Portage Glacier, Arches NP, Las Vegas, Vancouver Canada

Grand Teton NP, Flaming Gorge, Cannon Beach, San Diego

Grouse Mountain BC Canada, Hogle Zoo, Goblin Valley, Alaska/Yukon Border

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The NCL Pearl

Portage Glacier

La Jolla Cove and Seal Rock